Areas of Expertise
- Software Engineering
- Web applications using PHP (with secondary emphasis on Perl)
- Database integration into new or existing web applications using MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Sybase
- Database migration from MS SQL to MySQL or PostegreSQL
- Linux automation scripts using BASH and Perl
- Cross-browser compatibility and bandwidth efficiency for maximum effectiveness of existing infrastructure
- Server & network planning
- Design of extremely reliable economical or high-performance servers, with a track record of servers in harsh environments (in Africa) running after seven years of continuous operation.
- Network planning, upgrades, and implementation
- Operating system optimisation for security and performance
- Expert assistance with configuring, upgrading, and/or securing Apache, Sendmail, Squid, BIND (DNS), DHCP, NTP (time), and FTP servers
- Linux server configuration and administration
- Gentoo, Red Hat (RHEL)/CentOS, and others
- Automated deployment scripts
- Internal software repositories
- Configuration control
- IT project planning and management
- Project plan documentation
- Scope definition, problem analysis, requirements analysis, etc.
- Design and implementation of an ISP network
- Network security, planning, and implementation
- Installation of Internet servers and networks
- Systems analysis and design
- Web-based database application design
- Security and user-interface design
- Analysis of potential software including licence, support, hard and soft costs, ROI, etc.
- Interoperability of Linux and Windows systems
- Server software installation, configuration, security hardening, trouble-shooting, and support, including:
- Apache web server
- Courier IMAP (auth, IMAP, and POP, including SSL)
- Zabbix infrastructure monitoring
- SevOne infrastructure monitoring
- Cfengine 3 automated server configuration maintenance
- IPTables firewalls
- Subversion version control server
- Other Linux software - please contact us with your requirements.
- Documentation of policies and procedures
- PCI Compliance preparation
- Addition of ISP services to existing infrastructure
- Server migration
- Facility changes
- Server hardware changes
- Network changes
- Windows to Linux
- Server disaster recovery: remote or on-site rebuilding and configuration (not data recovery)
- Foreign citizenship assistance.
Clients in some countries cannot obtain visas to permit
us to meet in person. The restrictions on some of these countries make it nearly impossible to
do business, and because of this some clients have asked for help with obtaining visas. As a
result, we have established a relationship with a Canadian legal firm that facilitates
citizenship by investment in Canada, USA, and many Caribbean nations. This permits you to
obtain a passport in a second country, which will then permit free travel between your country
and Canada. Investment amounts and requirements vary, but generally range between $450k and $1M
USD. Please contact us if you are interested in knowing more.
- Domain name registration.
- Managed web, e-mai, and database hosting.